Monday, October 4, 2010

New Fall Favorite

My favorite month is here! It's rainy and dark and feeling very fall like today.. <3 I love the cozy and inspiring feeling of Fall, sipping hot drinks, and anything pumpkin! Today I was inspired to make pumpkin spiced granola baked apples....oh yes :) They are so so good made the house smell of spicy deliciousness!! I think next time I'll try brown sugar instead...mmmmm...



For recipe, read more...

Ingredients:


  • 3 apples, cored





  • 1/2 tsp sugar





  • 3/4 cup Trader Joes "Country Pumpkin Spice Granola"





  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg





  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon





  • 1 tbsp butter






  • Then you:
    Preheat oven to 350F. Core 3 apples and place into baking dish. Stuff the center of the apple with granola and top each apple with 1/3 of the butter. Finish by sprinkling on cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered at 350F. Serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold. Enjoy!

    4 comments:

    1. We have no Trader Joes around here!!! But these look amazing. What is in the mix? Could I just make my own mix?

      ReplyDelete
    2. It's pumpkin flavored granola with raisins... You could definately make your own with your favorite granola mixed with raisins and mix it with pumpkin pie spice.. I should send you some! I freaking love TJ's!

      ReplyDelete
    3. yummmmm! by the way, I thought I should remind you that it's time to bake those delicious chocolate chip pumpkin cookies again!!! Yeih! I'm so happy it's October!!!

      ReplyDelete