Friday, November 5, 2010

Dye Dye My Darling..

 It seems like lately bright colored hair is trendy..It's everywhere from runways and magazines to celebrities and pop stars..
I've been dying my hair since high school..
my poison: Manic Panic.


The original East Village Boutique, 1977

 
I think about how awesome it would have been to hang around the NYC Manic Panic boutique, opened by the legendary punk rock sisters Tish and Snooky in 1977. The shop was frequented by all the greats during that time...The Dictators, the Dolls, Sid and Nancy, Dead Boys, the Stranglers, the Cramps, the Ramones... I think these women are such an inspiration.. they are artists, they do what they love, and they are true to themselves... and ohyea, they even sang backup for Blondie for a year in the mid-seventies.. 

Still rockin today, Tish (hot pink hair) & Snooky (light purple)
Here's a great article on the sisters on Style.Com! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment