Friday, January 7, 2011

Eat well, Drink well, Be well...

Hello and Happy New Year!!!

This year I decided on a few new goals which include cutting out meat/poultry, eating healthier, and giving up coffee and soda.

Today I am happy to announce that it has been:

-6 DAYS (!) with no soda
Yes, this is probably the hardest one for me...I used to drink a Diet Coke about once a day.
-3 DAYS with no coffee
 I've been drinking tea and lemon water in the mornings instead. There are some great health benefits to drinking lemon water. Check it out here.
-3 DAYS with no meat
It would have been 5 days, but I lost my willpower when I was sucked in by the orange glow of chicken tikka masala at the Indian buffet.

I want to see how long I can go with out meat and see how I feel without it. Of course I will have too keep fish on the menu. :) I'm all ready a pretty healthy eater, but I decided there is always room for improvement. I mainly just want to eat more veggies, fruits, and whole grains and cut out the extra sugar, starchy foods, and meat. Basically, in with the good out with the bad= healthier me? I hope so..
I've been making fresh fruit and veggie juices and experimenting with raw and vegan recipes (I'm addicted to Oh She Glows for recipes and inspiration). It's only been a few days, but so far I am feeling good. :) I am going to try and keep this up.. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment